Prepare. Stay Safe. Rebuild
FLL challenges kids to think like scientists and engineers. During NATURE’S FURY teams will build, test, and program an autonomous robot using LEGO MINDSTORMS® to solve a set of missions in the Robot Game. They will also choose and solve a realworld problem in the Project. Throughout their experience, teams will operate under FLL’s signature set of Core Values.
- See more at: http://www.firstlegoleague.org/challenge/2013naturesfury#sthash.IB4A8C9D...
Can FIRST® LEGO® League teams help us master natural disasters? In the 2013 NATURE’S FURY℠ Challenge, over 200,000 children ages 9 to 16* from over 70 countries will explore the awe-inspiring storms, quakes, waves and more that we call natural disasters. Teams will discover what can be done when intense natural events meet the places people live, work, and play. Brace yourself for NATURE’S FURY!
*9-14 in the US, Canada, and Mexico
The FLL Challenge has 3 parts - the Robot Game, the Project, and the Core Values.
Download Welcome to the Season, Part 1 video
Robot Game and Project
Includes: Project, Robot Game (Field Setup, Missions, Rules)
Learn about the FLL Core Values
- Project Video (YouTube version)- Project Manager, Jinnel Choiniere, reviews the NATURE'S FURY Project. Can't access YouTube? Download the video.
- Project FAQs - This page is the first place to go for answers to Project questions if you’ve already read the Challenge document. You should also visit here often for answers to questions you never even thought of, because the postings here contain official information that will be in effect at tournaments.
- NATURE'S FURY topic experts answer your questions
- Topic Guide
- IAEM (International Association of Emergency Managers) - International non-profit organization of emergency management professionals. Your county or state may have an Emergency Manager who knows all about the local history of natural disasters.
- Esri - Disaster Response Program
- Robot Game
- Robot Game Video (YouTube version)- Robot Game designer and Engineer, Scott Evans, describes the NATURE'S FURY Robot Game. Always refer to the written mission/rules for any questions. Can't access YouTube? Download the video.
- Robot Game Updates - The first place to go for answers to Robot Game questions if you’ve already read the Challenge document. Visit here often for answers to questions you never even thought of, because the postings here contain official information that will be in effect at tournaments.
- Mission Model Build Instructions
- Robot Game Scoring Sheet (graphical) - to practice table runs
- Robot Game Scoring Sheet (accessible - larger lettering, more space) - to practice table runs
- Field Mat Overhead View (.tif) Field Mat Overhead View (.jpg)
- Build the FLL Table
- Interviews with the Challenge Advisory Team - the topic experts who helped develop the Challenge. Can't access YouTube? Download the video.