NATURE’S FURYSM Registration Now Open (US/CAN teams)
As of May 8th Noon ET, 841 teams have registered for the 2013 NATURE’S FURY season! Please go to http://gofll.usfirst.org to register your team today! As you may know, earlier this year LEGOR announced the launching of its’ new MINDSTORMS product, the EV3. This set will be available for teams to order this season, as well as the NXT.
Important notes about the sets:
- FLL team registration mailers will begin shipping day one, May 6, 2013, of registration depending on payment methods (Credit card ship same day, PO\check will ship when payment is received; a faxed PO is a form of payment). The mailer includes 6 items: (1) Coaches Handbook, (1) Project DVD, (1) parent pack, (1) compilation DVD, (1) Gracious Professionalism poster, (2) coaches pins
- All robot sets (RCX, NXT and EV3) will be supported by FLL for the NATURE’S FURY season.
- Teams will only be able to order one (1) robot set per team registration.
- There will be no refunds or exchanges of NXT for EV3 or vice versa.
- Field Setup Kits will begin to ship toward the end of July (unless an EV3 robot is ordered)
- FLL EV3 robots & options (sensors\motors) will ship first week of August along with the Field Setup Kit (if ordered).
- All FLL EV3 Robots come with the EV3 team license software but it must be downloaded (site to be release week 1 August)
- The Field Setup Kit build instructions must be downloaded this year. The URL will be released between last week of July – first week of August.
- The EV3 comes with a DC battery and charger.
- All NXT options (sensors\motors) are compatible with the EV3 Robot.
- Some EV3 options (sensors\motors) will run on NXT platform but in a limited fashion